Overseas Fieldwork Expenses Scheme 2014/15
March 25, 2013
ESRC FUNDED STUDENTS ONLY
There are limited funds available for Overseas Fieldwork Visits. The funds are only available to ESRC funded students who are studying full-time and undertaking the doctoral element of their award. There is a notional award of £450 per student for Overseas Fieldwork. Not all students will undertake overseas fieldwork therefore these funds will be used flexibly by the DTC. The actual allocation of funds for fieldwork is at the DTC’s discretion and the Academic Quality Committee will oversee the process.
- Students will not necessarily receive the full amount they apply for
- The fund does not cover fieldwork carried out in the UK
- The proposed overseas fieldwork must have been outlined in the original proposal, or at the end of the first year of a 1+3 award, and must be an integral part of the PhD
- Normally only one fieldwork visit can be made to one country during the lifetime of the studentship
- Student needs to apply for the visit in advance (either for their first year, second year or third year of PhD study)
- If the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises against visiting the country concerned, funding will not be authorised
Received applications are checked by the relevant Scholarships Officer to ensure they are eligible for funding, logged and then passed to the DTC Office to be considered by the Academic Quality Committee (AQC).
The DTC will notify the Scholarships Officer when a decision has been made which will be passed on to the applicant.
|12 December 2014||16 January 2015||12 February 2015|
|20 March 2015||1 May 2015||12 May 2015|
|22 May 2015||3 July 2015||8 July 2015|
- WRDTC Overseas Fieldwork Application Form 2014-15 (Word, 1.14MB)