Open Scholarship Event, 11 December 2014, University of Sheffield
As part of its focus on advanced training, last December the WRDTC hosted an event on the current open scholarship debate, including Open Access, Open Data and Shared Access.
Led by Prof. Martin Jones, WRDTC Director, the event saw a range of speakers from the University of Sheffield library, the UK Data Service, and academic departments at Sheffield, encouraging debate on what open access and open data mean to researchers at the early stages of their career. The event was attended by about 40 PhD researchers from the three White Rose universities, and obtained good feedback.
Presentations from the day:
- UK Data Service Perspectives
- Open Access – What you need to know
- White Rose University Libraries: sharing access, information & skills
- Research Data Management and the emerging open data agenda
- Embracing Open Access Publishing