Research Students’ Education Conference
Date - Tuesday, 7th June 2016 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
The RSEC 2016 team would like to invite you all to our 10th Research Students’ Education Conference 2016 to be held at the University House, University of Leeds on 7 June. This year our conference theme is “Reflection”.
Being a conference by students for students for the past 10 years, we aim to provide a platform for bringing all Education PGR community together.
The deadline for submitting abstracts has been extended until 15th May 2016. Please send no more than 250 word abstract for a presentation and/or a poster to email@example.com.
Why present in the conference? The reasons are many. You will have the opportunity to:
- Present you work (work in- progress is welcome) in a friendly atmosphere.
- Get valuable feedback from experienced Academic staff and from your session attendees.
- Meet fellow PGR students and benefit from their experiences.
- Benefit from formal and informal discussions.
- Expand you academic networking and increase the opportunity for research collaborations
- Reflect on any aspect of your PhD: theoretical framework, research method, data collection, data analysis, limitations of your research, implications or impact of your research or upgrade/ viva.
- Get to hear from our very knowledgeable and renowned scholar and academic keynote speaker Dr. Simon Borg.
All this will be totally free of cost and on top of that you’ll surely enjoy our great friendly lunch!
We have great Feedback from previous years:
”As a first-year student, I was really excited about presenting at the conference. The valuable feedback I received from the academic and the audience contributed greatly in shaping my initial thoughts into my current research”
Rumana Hossain, PhD student, RSEC 2015
“I felt the conference had a strong positive atmosphere and did a great deal in promoting the kind of research culture that we need in the school.” Dr Jean Conteh, RSEC 2014
”This annual conference is a highlight in the School of Education events calendar.”Dr Paula Clarke, RSEC 2014
If still you are undecided to present then why not attend the conference to learn about presenting in future conferences? The registration process for participants and attendees would open soon. Watch out for the website and the email updates.
RSEC Team 2016
For more information: http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/research/research-students-education-conference