Call for Papers: WRDTC Education Pathway Fifth Research Student Conference (FRSC)
Date - Tuesday, 9th May 2017 (9:30 am - 5:00 pm)
Venue: Octagon Centre
Address: University of Sheffield, Octagon Centre, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TQ
The School of Education at the University of Sheffield and the WRDTC Education Pathway will hold their Fifth Research Student Conference on Tuesday 9th May, 2017 in Octagon Centre. This conference is organised by the postgraduate students of The School of Education (The University of Sheffield).
If you are a PhD student of The White Rose University Consortium (Universities of Leeds, Sheffield and York), a PhD student at Sheffield Hallam University or an MA student from the University of Sheffield, we invite you to submit an abstract.
The aim is to be fully open and inclusive. We welcome abstracts for presentations and posters related to any aspect of your research in education. The event is well-attended by both students and staff within the department and presenters can look forward to constructive feedback in a supportive environment.
We are joined by Professor Dan Goodley as keynote speaker. Dan is interested in critical disability studies and critical psychological and sociological theory, and is the School of Education Director of Research.
We are expecting to announce a second keynote speaker soon.
To submit an abstract
Please see below for instructions on how to submit an abstract.
If you still need more information, do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on how to register as a delegate will follow shortly.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The abstract should:
- state the presentation type (paper/poster/speed-slide);
- state the presentation title;
- focus on the expected content of the presentation. This may include one or more of the following: a proposed research topic/project, research findings, methodology, research-related issues, etc.;
- be between 150-200 words in length;
- include up to 5 keywords at the end.
New Deadline: Please submit your abstracts to email@example.com by 7th April 2017.
Subject of email: “Abstract for FRSC”. Please specify the presentation type that you want to be considered for (paper, poster, speed-slide).
- oral presentation
- 20 minutes (including Q&A)
- PowerPoint/Prezi presentation/hand-outs
- a concise oral presentation
- incorporating PowerPoint
- 5-6 minutes.
- PPT images/slides advance automatically and you talk along to the images
- a new, lively format for disseminating research
- Details and examples at: http://www.pechakucha.org/
- A visual presentation that summarises a research project or work in progress
- A3 size (or bigger), portrait or landscape
- text used sparingly
- typically focused on a single message or question.
- presenters will stand next to posters during breaks, in order to engage in informal discussions