**Call For Paper Papers** Leeds School of Law Brexit Conference
Date - Monday, 11th June 2018 (9:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Brexit and EU Law: A Way Forward
Date & Time: Monday 11 June 2018, 9am – 5pm
Venue: Liberty Building, University of Leeds
The Conference Welcomes PGRs, Researchers, Academics.
The outcome of the European Union membership referendum in 2016 has presented the
United Kingdom with one of its greatest challenges of modern times. As negotiations for an exit strategy continue, the conference aims to open up conversations on the broader implications of such a monumental transition and to provide a platform to discuss some pressing issues that may emerge as a consequence of Brexit. We are keen to establish possible solutions to the challenges that lay ahead. With this in mind, the conference committee invites submission of papers that focus on, but are not restricted to, the following themes:
- Cross-border insolvencies and the attractiveness of the UK business market
- Corporate mobility and corporate governance: implications for companies,
- shareholders, directors and other stakeholders
- International commercial litigation and arbitration
- Security, counter-terrorism and organised crimes
- Hate crime: intolerance, ideologies, and impact
- Safeguarding EU fundamental rights: beyond the ‘Great Repeal Bill’
- Social inequality in the UK without the social policies of the EU
- Persons with disabilities: accessibility, independence, and freedoms
- Citizenship and family law, immigration and free movement
The deadline for submission of abstracts is the 11th March 2018
Abstracts should be no more than 300 words. The abstracts should include an impact statement. Successful applicants will be notified by email by the 11th April 2018. The authors of selected papers will be required to submit a maximum 2000 word extended abstract by the 31 st May 2018 for the conference booklet.
Enquiry contact details
For submissions or further inquiries: BrexitLaw@leeds.ac.uk
Further information will be posted on the School of Law website. In addition, more information about this event can always be found on the FB page (https://www.facebook.