Overseas Fieldwork Expenses Scheme 2017/18
There are limited funds available for Overseas Fieldwork Visits. The funds are only available to ESRC funded Doctoral Researchers who are studying full-time and undertaking the doctoral element of their award. There is a notional award of £450 per student for Overseas Fieldwork. Not all Doctoral Researchers will undertake overseas fieldwork therefore these funds will be used flexibly by the White Rose DTP (WRDTP). The actual allocation of funds for fieldwork is at the WRDTP’s discretion and the Academic Quality Committee (AQC) will oversee the process.
- Doctoral Reseachers will not necessarily receive the full amount they apply for
- The fund does not cover fieldwork carried out in the UK
- The proposed overseas fieldwork must have been outlined in the original proposal, or at the end of the first year of a 1+3 award, and must be an integral part of the PhD
- Normally only one fieldwork visit can be made to one country during the lifetime of the studentship
- Doctoral Researchers need to apply for the visit in advance and no retrospective applications will be considered
- If the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises against visiting the country concerned, funding will not be authorised
How to apply
You must submit an application to your Scholarships Officer at your home university who will check the form before forwarding it to the WRDTP.
Received applications are checked by the relevant Scholarships Officer to ensure they are eligible for funding, logged and then passed to the WRDTP Office to be considered by the AQC.
The WRDTP will notify the Scholarships Officer when a decision has been made which will be passed on to the applicant.
WRDTP ESRC Funding Scheme 2017/18 Timescales
|8 December 2017||9 February 2018||21 February 2018|
|16 March 2018||30 April 2018||8 May 2018|
|18 May 2018||29 June 2018||6 July 2018|
You must read the guidance notes before completing the form.
If you are awarded funding from any of the ESRC schemes we encourage you to share your experience with the WRDTP community via the PGR Forum. Also as a recipient of funding any correspondence or event materials should be appropriately branded, see our Visual Identity webpage for details.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com