ESRC Students Only – Overseas Institutional Visits Scheme 2014/15
February 14, 2014
If you are a full-time ESRC student you are eligible to apply for financial support for overseas institutional visits (OIVs) during the period of your award. This additional funding provides you with the opportunity to go to overseas universities or esteemed research organisations to:
- establish research networks
- disseminate early research findings
- participate in seminars and other academic activities that are directly relevant to your research
- undertake specialist research training that is not available within the UK.
How to apply
You must submit an application to your Scholarships Officer at your home university who will check the form before forwarding it to the White Rose DTC (WRDTC).
Received applications are checked by the relevant Scholarships Officer to ensure they are eligible for funding, logged and then passed to the DTC Office to be considered by the Academic Quality Committee (AQC).
The DTC will notify the Scholarships Officer when a decision has been made which will be passed on to the applicant.
|12 December 2014||16 January 2015||12 February 2015|
|20 March 2015||1 May 2015||12 May 2015|
|22 May 2015||3 July 2015||8 July 2015|
You must read the scheme guidance notes before completing the application form.
- WRDTC OIV Guidance Notes (PDF, 150KB)
- WRDTC OIV Application Form (Word, 116KB)
- WRDTC OIV Things to Think About (Word, 1.08MB)
If you are successful, you must submit an End of Award report within two weeks of the end of your visit. If you undertake more than one visit within your award you should submit a report after completing each visit.
- WRDTC OIV End of Visit Report (Word, 131KB)
If you have any queries about the scheme please contact the WRDTC: firstname.lastname@example.org