DTP AQM Director – call for applications
November 25, 2016
The White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership (WRDTP) is looking to engage a DTP Advanced Quantitative Methods (AQM) Director. This role requires planning and contributing to AQM focused activities across the seven DTP universities for doctoral-level research training and also capacity building for research methods generally.
In July 2016 the ESRC announced the accreditation of 14 new Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTP) to succeed the current 21 Doctoral Training Centres (DTC). The DTPs have been accredited by the ESRC for six years funding for awards starting in September 2017. The new White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership (WRDTP) now builds on the success of the White Rose DTC universities of Sheffield, York and Leeds by bringing in the social sciences research excellence of the Universities of Bradford, Hull, Manchester Metropolitan and Sheffield Hallam.
This new White Rose Social Sciences Doctoral Training Partnership will offer from 2017:
- A unique interdisciplinary and thematic student experience that will facilitate research beyond traditional discipline boundaries, enabling students to develop holistic understandings of the grand challenges that face society and how these can be addressed by the Social Sciences.
- Shared training and co-supervision, building on the critical mass of the seven universities and with the collective strength of around 2,000 academics in 60 Social Science departments, to ensure that Social Science students are trained by the very best academics and professionals in their core areas of expertise.
- A collaborative and impactful student experience, through partnerships and ‘people exchange’ opportunities with non-academic partners in the public sector, with businesses, and civil society organisations, nationally and internationally, building on our existing relationships, and new activities with the N8 Research Partnership and the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN).
- A comprehensive, flexible and responsive model of doctoral training through seven interdisciplinary thematic multi-institutional pathways, to give access to a wider portfolio of problem-based skills and experience and produce doctoral graduates with outstanding core, general and transferable skills. The Pathways are:
- Cities, Environment, and Liveability (CEL)
- Security, Conflict, and Justice (SCJ)
- Education, Childhood, and Youth (ECY)
- Data, Communication, and New Technologies (DCT)
- Wellbeing, Health, and Communities (WHC)
- Sustainable Growth, Management, and Economic Productivity (SMP)
- Civil Society, Development, and Democracy (CDD)
Further Pathway details can be found here.
WRDTP AQM Director Role
Tenure: 36 months in the first instance
How to apply
- Applications: current CV and expression of interest (400 words) on why you are the person for this role
- Email: email@example.com
- Closing Date: noon, 9 January 2017
- Interviews: likely to be held 16/17th January 2017, University of Sheffield