ESRC AQM STUDENT CONFERENCE 2014
June 27, 2014
A mini-conference for all ESRC funded students, and particularly of interest to those funded under ESRC’s Advanced Quantitative Methods (AQM) awards, will take place over two days 24/25 July 2014 at the University of Sheffield. The event is hosted by us here at the White Rose Doctoral Training Centre.
The focus will be on:
- Getting to know students in other DTCs and learning about their AQM research
- Learning from leading academic experts in pre-conference workshops and talks
- Sharing understanding of methods and the way they are deployed in research
- Contributing to the ESRC understanding of the needs of AQM students
There will be opportunities for networking and sharing your research with others, via social gatherings and also more the following programme elements:
- 2nd year students will be encouraged to exhibit a poster
- 3rd year students will be encouraged to present their work in parallel oral sessions
The Twitter hashtag for the conference is #esrcphd.
Who can attend?
All ESRC-funded students, and especially those who are in receipt of enhanced AQM stipend, are eligible to attend this summer conference. For most students, this will be a first opportunity to come together as a group and meet others using AQM in their research at a fun and fulfilling mini-conference.
Overnight accommodation will be provided and the registration fee together with all reasonable travel costs will be reimbursed.
Registration is now open: BOOK HERE
NOTE: The pre-conference AQM Training Workshops programme 24 July is open to all White Rose DTC PhD students in the social sciences – whether ESRC funded or not. If you are interested in one of the workshops see booking details HERE.